Monday, March 3, 2008

John Adams Letters 1


from the John Adams PBS site. I combined the audio with the text and added images

In this diary entry, written during a summertime break from his vice presidential duties, Adams savors his life on the Braintree farm.
Refreshing Rain
July 14, 1796
My men are hilling the corn over the road. A soft fine rain is falling as sweetly as I ever saw. It will refresh the gardens, revive the corn, make the fruit grow rapidly.
John Adams, four years removed from the presidency, describes his hopes in his diary.
Tranquility
Febuary 27, 1805
Far removed from all the intrigues, I hope to enjoy more tranquility than has ever before been my lot. I call for my chisels, drills, and wedges to split rocks, and for my wagons to cart seaweed for manure. I mount my horse and ride on the seashore.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online