Friday, March 7, 2008

John And Abigail From 1776: Yours, Yours, Yours


Yours, Yours, Yours
Abigail:
I live like a nun in a cloister
Solitary, celibate, I hate it

Adams:
I live like a monk in an abbey
Ditto, ditto, I hate it

Abigail:
Write to me with sentimental effusion
Let me revel in romantic illusion

Adams:
Do you still smell of vanilla and spring air?
And is my favorite lover's pillar still firm and fair?

Abigail:
What was there, John, still is there, John
Come soon as you can to my cloister
I've forgotten the feel of your hand

Adams:
Madam we shall walk in Cupid's Grove together

Both:
And we'll fondly survey
That promised land

Till then, till then
I am as I ever was and ever was
And ever shall be
Yours, yours, yours, yours, yours

Abigail:
Saltpeter, John

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online